Nancy has extensive leadership, management, scientific, technical and advocacy experience that will serve her well in the roundhouse in our state senate.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage large-scale government initiatives; lead multi-disciplinary teams; set priorities and goals, manage resources and oversee project performance.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts and contracting specialists to successfully execute the full range of responsibilities required to execute the Small Business Innovation Research program with an annual budget of $3M.
- Plan and coordinate the work of staff and consultants in various departments; direct and implement accountability controls for projects; communicate project progress and results to internal and public stakeholders.
- Helped found the activist organization, Citizens Opposed to Nuclear Dumping in Las Cruces, NM, to oppose the Waste Isolation Pilot Project.
- Provided clear directions, explanations, and guidance to teams of subject matter experts providing required technical details.
- Confident public speaker; regularly made presentations to upper echelon personnel and meetings of up to several hundred participants.
- Researched and wrote coordinated responses to requests for information to the Army Spectrum Management Office, Congressional inquiries; developed talking points, responses, and justifications for high-echelon personnel.
- Taught math, business management, computer software, accounting, and financial planning at a community college.
- Provided technical advice and education on scientific initiatives to stakeholders. Use databases of technical information to implement strategies and produce reports. Excellent ability to work effectively with persons of all backgrounds and at all organizational level.
The University of Maryland at Baltimore County, Baltimore, MD, 2012
- Certified Financial Planner Courses: Income Tax Planning; Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits; Estate Planning; Financial Planning Process & Insurance
Master of Business Administration, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM. Member, Phi Kappa Phi
BS, Math Education, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM.
- Member, of the Rio Grande Valley Broadband Great Old Broads
- Albuquerque Pack Leader, MexicanWolves.org
- Founder, New Mexico Network for Women in Science & Engineering ANNUAL IMPACT! AWARD. Recognizes New Mexico women in STEM fields to encourage women to enter into and develop their careers in science, engineering, and allied professions.
PROFESSIONAL WORKING EXPERIENCE
Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst, Army Test and Evaluation Command, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, 2008-2014.
Provide advice and insight on Army Test and Evaluation spectrum issues and implications. Led a team of subject matter experts and contracting specialists to successfully execute the full range of responsibilities required to execute the Small Business Innovation Research program.
Budget Analyst, Army Test and Evaluation Command, Alexandria, VA 2/2008-6/2008
Analyzed budget documents, defended requirements to HQ Department of Army staff, developed Command briefings for DCS-RM Director. Utilized software packages to update Resource management databases, pulled information from databases to assure accuracy and developed documents and briefs.
Senior Operations Research Systems Analyst, Army Test & Evaluation Command, Alexandria, VA 2004 - 2008
Managed the newly formed Test and Information Infrastructure Team investment planning process across the entire Command that included seven Developmental Test and five Operational Test Ranges. Oversaw and approved the development of yearly work packages outlining proposed technical capabilities and budgets. Reviewed & approved project execution plans.
Initiated and coordinated projects to resolve controversial issues for the Command or our customers by creating teams with members of diverse viewpoints and developing Charters that identify appropriate tasks & timelines. Led a Lean Six Sigma Study to resolve apparent database duplication in documenting, storing ATEC facilities infrastructure, test instrumentation, modeling and simulation capabilities.
Operations Research Systems Analyst, Army Developmental Test Command, 2002 – 2004
As Instrumentation Program Manager for the new Army program, Future Combat Systems, defined, established, directed and assessed scientific and technical aspects of instrumentation development, acquisition, and future equipment fielding. Planned and coordinated with professional engineers to define, analyze, refine, justify and defend instrumentation requirements to adequately test the FCS.
Operations Research Systems Analyst, Army White Sands Missile Range, 2000 – 2002
Managed the Small Business Innovation Research Program at White Sands. Conducted reviews of funding and funding requirements, funding priorities, obligation plans, and Unfunded Requirements lists. Obtained approval for variances in fund usage.
Adjunct Professor, Dona Ana Branch Community College, 1991 – 2001
As an adjunct faculty member, taught classes in mathematics, business management, personal computer software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), accounting and personal finance.